Detroit is a city that has been struggling for decades. The population has steadily declined and the city’s infrastructure has deteriorated. What can be done to help Detroit become a more viable place?
If you are looking for fun things to do in Detroit, there are plenty of options. There is a lot to see and do in the city. Adults will love it!
This Video Should Help:
Detroit: the Motor City. The birthplace of the automotive industry, and now home to one of the coolest cities in America! Whether you’re looking for things to do today or tomorrow, here are some great suggestions.
Whether you’re a fan of Americana or just want to explore some new sights, there are plenty of places to visit in Detroit. Check out some of our favorite attractions below:
The Henry Ford Museum is a must-see for history buffs! Learn about how the automotive industry evolved from horse-drawn carriages to cars powered by engines. There’s also an excellent collection of vehicles on display.
If you’re looking for something more lively, head over to Campus Martius Park for a fun day out! This beautiful park has many attractions including a lake with sailboats, a children’s play area and even an ice rink!
Finally, if nightlife is your thing, check out some of the top bars and clubs in Detroit! From dive bars to speakeasies, there’s something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Roll up your sleeves and get ready to enjoy all that Detroit has to offer!
lugares para visitar en michigan
1. The Henry Ford Museum: If youufffdre looking for a place to learn about the history of Michigan, thereufffds no better place than the Henry Ford Museum. This world-renowned museum features exhibits on everything from the rise of the automobile industry to the Civil Rights movement.
2. Detroit Institute of Arts: For art lovers, a visit to the Detroit Institute of Arts is a must. This world-class museum houses an impressive collection of paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from around the world.
3. Belle Isle Park: located in the middle of Detroit River, Belle Isle Park is a great spot for a picnic or a leisurely stroll. The park also features several attractions, including an aquarium, a conservatory, and a golf course.
4. Eastern Market: If youufffdre looking for fresh produce and other food items, be sure to check out Eastern Market. This historic market has been serving Detroit residents since 1891 and is open year-round.
5. Comerica Park: Home to Major League Baseballufffds Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park is one of the cityufffds most popular tourist destinations. even if youufffdre not a baseball fan, the park offers plenty of other things to do, such as taking a tour or catching a concert..
things to do in detroit at night
Looking for something to do in Detroit at night? There are plenty of things to keep you busy after the sun goes down. Check out a show at one of the many live music venues, catch a game or concert at Comerica Park or Ford Field, explore the city’s nightlife scene, or take in some views of the skyline from atop the Renaissance Center. No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it here in Detroit.
things to do in detroit today
1. Visit the Detroit Institute of Arts: With over 100 galleries, the Detroit Institute of Arts is one of the largest and most significant art museums in the United States. The museum’s collection includes works by Vincent van Gogh, Pablo Picasso, and Andy Warhol.
2. Take a tour of the Henry Ford Museum: The Henry Ford Museum is a large indoor and outdoor history museum complex that chronicles the history of transportation and innovation. The museum features cars, airplanes, trains, and more.
3. Walk through Belle Isle Park: Belle Isle Park is a 982-acre island park in the Detroit River offering plenty of activities such as biking, swimming, fishing, picnicking, and more.
4. Check out a game at Comerica Park: Home to Major League Baseball’s Detroit Tigers, Comerica Park is a great place to catch a game during the summer months.
5. explore Campus Martius Park: Campus Martius Park is a large public square in downtown Detroit that hosts events year-round such as concerts, movies in the park, ice skating in winter, and more.
free things to do in detroit
1. Visit the Detroit Institute of Arts: With over 100 galleries, the Detroit Institute of Arts is one of the largest museums in the United States. The museum has a collection of art from around the world and across different time periods. Admission to the museum is free for all visitors.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Belle Isle Park: Belle Isle Park is a 982-acre island park in the Detroit River. The park features nature trails, picnic areas, an aquarium, and more. Visitors can access the park for free with a state parks pass.
3. Visit Campus Martius Park: Campus Martius Park is a public square in downtown Detroit. The park features a walking path, fountains, sculptures, and views of the city skyline. In the winter, there is an ice skating rink in the park.
4. See a show at The Fillmore Detroit: The Fillmore Detroit is a music venue that hosts concerts and events throughout the year. Shows at The Fillmore range from local bands to national touring acts. Tickets for shows vary in price but there are often discounts available through various websites and apps.
fun things to do in detroit for couples
1. Take a walk or a bike ride along the Detroit Riverfront. There are plenty of places to stop and enjoy the views, and it’s a great way to get some exercise.
2. Visit the Detroit Institute of Arts. Even if you’re not an art lover, the DIA is worth a visit for its architecture and collection of world-renowned art.
3. Spend an afternoon at Belle Isle Park. This 982-acre island park in the Detroit River has something for everyone, from hiking and biking trails to a historic conservatory and aquarium.
4. Take a tour of the GM Renaissance Center. This massive complex on the Detroit River is home to GM’s world headquarters, several hotels, restaurants, and shops. Tours are available that give visitors an inside look at this important part of Detroit’s history and economy.
5. Check out some of Detroit’s famous murals. There are hundreds of murals throughout the city, each with its own story to tell about Detroit’s past and present.
best things to do in detroit
There is no shortage of things to do in the great city of Detroit. From its rich history and culture to its modern day attractions, there is something for everyone in Detroit. For the history buffs, a visit to the Detroit Institute of Arts is a must. The museum houses some of the most iconic pieces of art in the world, including works by Van Gogh, Diego Rivera, and Rembrandt. For those looking for a more hands-on experience, take a tour of one of Detroit’s many historic sites, such as the Fox Theatre or Belle Isle Park. If you’re looking for things to do at night, check out one of Detroit’s many live music venues or enjoy a cocktail at one of the city’s trendy bars. And if you’re looking for free things to do in Detroit, there are plenty of options as well! Visit one of the city’s many parks or take a walk down Woodward Avenue to people watch and window shop. No matter what your interests are, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Detroit!
family friendly things to do in detroit
1. Visit the Detroit Zoo: The Detroit Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. There are plenty of animals to see, and the zoo also has a playground and picnic areas.
2. Take a ride on the Detroit People Mover: The Detroit People Mover is a great way to see the city from above. It’s also a great way to get around if you don’t want to walk or drive.
3. Visit Belle Isle Park: Belle Isle Park is a beautiful island park in the middle of the Detroit River. The park has plenty of trails, gardens, and monuments to explore.
4. Go for a walk or bike ride along the Riverfront: The Riverfront is one of the most beautiful parts of Detroit, and it’s perfect for an afternoon stroll or bike ride.
5. Explore DowntownDetroit: Downtown Detroit is full of historic buildings, museums, restaurants, and shops. There’s plenty to do downtown, and it’s a great place to explore with the family
unique things to do in detroit
1. Take a tour of the Heidelberg Project
2. Visit the Dossin Great Lakes Museum
3. Go on a Detroit Historical Walking Tour
4. See a show at the Fox Theatre
5. Spend an afternoon at Belle Isle Park
The “non touristy things to do in detroit” is a list of activities that you can enjoy without being a tourist.